BOULDER, January 08, 2019— CanopyBoulder, a seed-stage investment fund and business accelerator for companies developing ancillary products and services for the legal cannabis industry, will host the JumpStart Conference for Cannabis Entrepreneurs and Startups on January 15 in Boulder, Colorado.
During the conference, leading experts will discuss how to launch a successful business in the rapidly-growing cannabis industry. Attendees have the opportunity to network with industry veterans, learn how to raise capital to fund their startup, and explore tactics to overcome industry obstacles.
The conference kicks off with a presentation from keynote speaker Dominique Mendiola, current Director of Marijuana Coordination, State of Colorado, under Governor Hickenlooper. CanopyBoulder will also host two panels featuring:
- Nancy Whiteman, founder and CEO of Wana Brands, a leading producer of marijuana-infused products
- Ryan Brown, CEO of Native Roots, one of Colorado’s largest cannabis retail chains
- Graham Carlson, Vice President of Strategic Initiatives for Charlotte’s Web, the market share leader in hemp-based CBD wellness products
- Jeremy Bamford, Co-founder and CEO of PotGuide, a consumer resource that illustrates where to buy, where to stay, and what to do within the cannabis industry
- Liz Stahura, President and Co-Founder of BDS Analytics, which provides industry leading marijuana market data, analytics, and consumer insights
- Henry Finkelstein, CEO and Founder of Cannabis Big Data, which provides business intelligence and actionable insights for cannabis businesses
JumpStart will take place at Galvanize, 1023 Walnut St., Boulder, Colo., 80302, from 4:30pm MT – 7:15pm MT; tickets can be purchased here., Directly following the conference is CanopyBoulder’s Demo Day, where the accelerator's current cohort of cannabis tech, media, marketing and data startups will pitch their businesses to the public for the first time. CanopyBoulder’s Demo Day is free to the public; those interested in attending can register here.
Additionally, CanopyBoulder is hosting investor-only preview pitch events on and on January 14 in Denver. There will also be a webinar for those unable to attend the in-person events, taking place on January 11. These events give accredited investors a first look at high-potential companies presenting innovative products and services for the ancillary cannabis industry.
CanopyBoulder is actively recruiting companies to participate in its next accelerator cohorts. Specifically, the firm is interested in early-stage technology-based companies that are developing solutions within the following sectors of the cannabis market: Agriculture Technology, Back Office Software Platforms, Certification & Standardization, Consumer Education, Data & Analytics, Digital & Social Media, Energy & Water Technology, Extraction & Processing Technology, Healthcare Technology Platforms, Packaging and Payments & Banking. Companies interested in applying can submit an online application at: http://canopyboulder.com/apply.
CanopyBoulder is a seed-stage, mentorship-driven, business accelerator created in partnership with The ArcView Group for companies developing ancillary products and services for the legal cannabis industry. Companies are handpicked by the selection committee to receive up to $80,000 in capital and participate in an intensive 16-week accelerator program. CanopyBoulder advisors and mentors work closely with each company, helping define business models, refine unique selling propositions, and focus marketing and fundraising activities. For more information, please visit www.canopyboulder.com.
North 6th Agency for CanopyBoulder
212.334.9753 ext. 112