Marijuana business accelerator announces first deployment of 2020.
BOULDER, CO, January 16, 2020 – CanopyBoulder, a business accelerator and growth stage venture fund for ancillary cannabis and hemp/CBD businesses, is pleased to announce its first ten new investments of 2020. CanopyBoulder has deployed $1.2M into ten early- and growth-stage companies. These businesses range from CBD/hemp consumer brands, to marketing SaaS platforms to agtech.
These investments will participate in CanopyBoulder’s 13-week accelerator program, which is designed to accelerate growth, refine strategy, prepare companies to raise capital and connect founders with investors. Over 200 mentors, cannabis-focused venture firms, and key figures in the cannabis industry support the teams throughout the program. At the end of the 13-week program, the teams “graduate,” presenting their businesses to an audience of investors, cannabis business professionals, media, and local community during various events.
The ten companies included in the accelerator cohort include:
- Amnesia Media, an ad tech platform that intelligently serves ads compliantly at scale to new cannabis consumers through influencers.
- Antedotum, a luxury CBD skincare company, offering a line of topicals, tinctures and supplements.
- Everflux Technologies, a biofertilizer that can completely replace chemical fertilizers, while improving soil health and eliminating negative environmental effects of agricultural chemicals.
- Happy Cabbage Analytics, a data analytics and insights platform for the cannabis industry whose Marketing Studio sends unique, personalized messaging for every cannabis customer in a company's database.
- Jage Media, a b2b company that delivers the legal cannabis industry exceptional experiences and focused content, accelerating the growth and profitability of the companies they serve.
- Natural Dynamics, a hemp bioceuticals company focused on formulating, branding and distributing the best therapeutic hemp brands and products. Straight Hemp is their first brand, with products that deliver 3-5 times more bioactive compounds than the competition.
- PLM Brands, Corp, which holds a portfolio of transformative consumer products. Their brand, Fog & Tree creates all-natural, experiential products infused with beneficial Cannabis Essential Oils to be used as aromatherapy everyday
- PurePower, a plant-based nutrition and lifestyle brand that combines CBD with other herbs and minerals to enhance health, wellbeing and performance.
- Royal Supply Wholesale serves the legal cannabis industry by providing packaging, containers, vaporizers, equipment, accessories and supplies to businesses and consumers.
- Sky & Wyatt a hemp wellness brand, starting with a line of premium, whole leaf CBD teas.
CanopyBoulder is a venture fund and business accelerator working in partnership with the largest cannabis investor forum, the Arcview Group, for companies developing ancillary (non-plant touching) or hemp/CBD products and services for the legal cannabis industry. Since 2013, CanopyBoulder has made 130+ investments in 116 companies. CanopyBoulder advisors and mentors work closely with each company, helping define business models, refine unique selling propositions, and focus marketing and fundraising activities. For more information, please visit www.canopyboulder.com.
About the Arcview Group
Founded in 2010, The Arcview Group is responsible for a number of groundbreaking ventures in the cannabis industry. The Arcview Investor Network includes more than 600 accredited investors who have put more than $240 million behind over 200 companies. Arcview Market Research produces the State of Legal Marijuana Markets report, which is the most oft-cited market data report. In 2015, Arcview became a partner in CanopyBoulder, the first seed-stage mentor-driven business accelerator in the cannabis industry. Arcview is also co-founder of Cannasure Insurance Services, the leading provider of business insurance to the cannabis industry. For more information, please visit www.arcviewgroup.com.